The waiting, the money flying out of the bank like bats from a cave at sunset, the anticipation, frustration, and doubt that I even own a boat all come to an end tomorrow. I'll get to the boat sometime after noon with a car full of groceries to put away and breathe a deep sigh of relief knowing that in just a few short days we'll be "Kickin' the tires and lightin' the fires" to start the trip home. Phew!
And the doubts and concerns! They will still be there like that nagging feeling you've forgotten something as you leave your driveway on that vacation or business trip. The usual way I dispel those thoughts is to tell myself, "If I absolutely have to have it, I can buy it on the road." Unfortunately, that's probably not true this time. Even if there aren't magic words to make the doubts and concerns go away, the reality of being on the road should melt them away.
I'm exhausted with the preparation and thinking about preparing when I should have been sleeping. But that's it, I'm at the threshold of the journey, eager to take that first step, but I think I'll get a few hours sleep first.
Posts between now and getting underway may be short, but I'll check in long enough to update all on the preparation progress.
Greg.
No comments:
Post a Comment